Whether you have a clogged toilet, a jammed garbage disposal, a dripping bathroom faucet or a non-functional water heater that needs to be fixed, always interview at least three plumbers before hiring one. Like in all service fields, not all plumbing companies are alike. The majority of them employ technicians who deliver excellent work, but there are always a few bad apples in the basket. Those are the ones you can avoid by asking lots of targeted questions.
You can learn a lot through your research and inquiries. To make this assignment easier, start by investigating several companies before contacting them. Ask friends and family for references, and explore the websites of your local plumbers. You can find a lot of valuable information on these pages, including all the services these companies provide. The longer the list is the better, as it means that you can call the same plumber for all your home’s plumbing needs.
It is important to find a quality plumbing professional. Yes! It is frustrating that you have to spend time completing all the research, but think about what you gain. Having a reliable plumber on speed dial can save you a lot of money in the future. Remember! You only have to go through the hiring process once when you can find that ideal service provider able to handle all your water and sewer system needs.
Sample Questions to Ask a Plumbing Expert
- Can you provide at least three current referrals? That should not be a problem for a plumber with an excellent reputation. Once you have received the paperwork, verify that the information is correct. Simply contact the providers of those statements. Calling these customers also gives you a great opportunity to ask other questions about the services they received.
- Do you have a license? Verify that this document has not expired. Certification proves that the expert has completed a training program at a plumbing school, and follows specific requirements set forward by your state.
- Do you have liability insurance? This is an absolute necessity. The insurance protects both you, and the technicians working in your home or business.
- Do you offer customers plumbing tips? There is no reason why you should not be able to complete basic plumbing maintenance and repairs. Dedicated plumbers gladly refer you to helpful online videos. They also offer great advice.
- Are you available 24/7? Never hire a plumber with time restrictions, because you need service whenever an emergency occurs. As we all know, disasters always happen when it is least convenient.
- How long have you been in business? Company history is rather important. Yes! Newcomers deserve a chance to prove themselves. However, they do not know a lot of the repair or troubleshooting tricks the old-timers use. Finding and fixing problem quickly can save you a lot of money.
- Do you offer discounts and coupons? These privileges make you feel more appreciated as a customer. Popular plumbing companies often give discounts for drain cleaning services or a variety of other plumbing jobs. Contact your plumber to find out which specials he offers right now.