Buying a home is an extremely exciting, but potentially stressful time. It can be even more stressful if you are building a custom home. You have added the expectation that this home should be your dream home, everything that represents you and your family’s tastes and needs. On a more practical note, you shoulder the responsibility of choosing a lot, and contractor or builder. Your input is stamped on every part of the process, unlike a typical home purchase where most of the choices, minus a few upgrades, paint color, and flooring choices are left up to you. Utah custom home builders can make building your home the exciting and dream-fulfilling experience you always hoped it would be.
Your Home Builder
When you have been building custom homes for thirty plus years, you have learned a thing or two about what works and what doesn’t. Utah custom home builders take a very hands-on approach to giving you the home you want. They know that using the best materials and hiring the most skilled craftsmen will save you and them time and money. Most importantly, it will leave you a satisfied customer. Quality assurance guidelines and checklists will be implemented throughout the entire building process in order to ensure that no mistakes are made. These quality checks apply from beginning to end. Superior craftsmanship does not just apply to the finishes that are obvious to the naked eye. It begins with the concrete slab, framework, and plumbing, and ends with the granite countertop and tile floor.
7 Step Construction Process
It’s your home. You should be in the loop at all times. A seven step process allows the builder to work with you to determine what you want, create a plan, and build your home in a timely matter and within budget.
- Select a house plan. Builders offer over 50 in-house designs, but they can also recommend the services of several qualified and excellent architects in case you wish to design your own unique, floor plan.
- Preconstruction. You will meet with your builder before construction begins. During this meeting, the builder will walk you through the entire process, answer all your questions, and discuss how to make changes during the building process.
- Financing. Everyone’s needs are different, and construction loans can be very different from typical home mortgages. Your builder will help walk you through the financing process, and as their customer, you will have access to many exclusive mortgage plans.
- The rough and finish. Construction is divided into two major portions. The rough stage includes framing, plumbing, HVAC, and mechanical systems. During the finish stage, all the elements of a beautiful home will be completed.
- Quality control. At the very beginning of your build, a quality assurance coordinator will be assigned to your project. He will oversee the entire process and ensure that all standards are exceeded.
- Closing and settlement. When construction is complete, your builder will walk with you through every room and hallway to make sure that you are happy with the finished product. At the same time, a third party person will ensure that all the loan paperwork, warranties, and titles are complete. It’s now time to move in!
- Long-term customer service. Just because your home is finished, it doesn’t mean you will never hear from your builder again. He will be there for you to fix any problems that may occur as covered by an extensive home warranty.
Utah custom home builders understand that every situation is different and they want to help everyone with their construction needs. Builders build more than huge, custom homes. They can build any size home that you want, and they offer many tested floor plans that are all ready approved and easy to implement. You can also turn your current home into your dream home with some well-executed remodeling projects designed especially for your and your family’s needs. Your dream home, no matter the size or project, can become a reality.