Are you tired of the boring, ugly kitchen that you see everyday? Well I’m sure it reflects on the kind of food that is cooked too! A well- designed and functional kitchen with optimum utilization of the available space is the cornerstone of a great looking home. If you’re dying for change, then kitchen remodel is the way to go.
Pre remodel tasks
Kitchen remodeling is undertaken just one or twice in a lifetime. Hence that’s all the more reason for you to go about the whole process very systematically. It requires a thorough plan irrespective of who’s doing it- a kitchen designer, home center or even in case of your own designs. You need to concentrate on, compare and evaluate several aspects like storage, windows, doors, appliances, flooring, counter tops, kitchen cabinets and the overall kitchen design. But even before the kitchen remodel process is set rolling, here are a few tasks that must be carried out before hand. Firstly, pack all the dishes and move all items of value from the kitchen. In case the kitchen floor has already been remodeled, then it would be a good idea to protect it. Set the date and time with the remodel contractors and make sure adequate car parking space is available to them. All these activities will ensure a smooth beginning to the kitchen remodel process.
Areas of kitchen remodel
Remodeling your kitchen requires detailed and well-thought out planning for each of the following aspects:
- Flooring: This includes the type of flooring like hardwood, bamboo or laminate.
- Lighting: Take time to choose the fixtures, lamps, light controls, spot lighting etc.
- Sinks and faucets: All the faucets, stainless steel, brass and plastic handles need to be reviewed.
- Appliances: What kind of cook tops, stoves, refrigerator, microwave, and dishwasher are you going to install in your brand new kitchen?
- Cabinets: So, what’s it going to be wood, plastic or metal for you?
- Cook tops: You can choose from quartz, marble, stone, granite and wood.
- Windows: You cannot ignore lighting and ventilation so there are single and double hung windows, casements and skylights that need to be reviewed.
There are more than a dozen sites that offer tips, guides and some great kitchen remodel ideas. Check out the stunning kitchen remodel photos, you’ll not need anything else. Worried about the remodeling costs? There’s absolutely no need to lose sleep over it as these sites also provide brilliant ideas on financing your remodel project. So whether it is a small kitchen remodel or something really massive, these sites have all the information. You’ll also find some handy tips on bathroom remodel as well.
One thing you would want to keep in mind is that you may not be able to do all of the tasks by yourself, and there are lots and lots of tasks you would need to accomplish if your project is to be successful. Which is why you would want to consider hiring a professional if you are hard pressed for time or lack the required skills. Many people bite off more than they can chew – they take on a project without having the resources, skills and commitment to see it through. Needless to say, results from halfhearted efforts will be lackluster.
Remodeling might be all that is required to give a new lease of life to the kitchen and the person who slogs in it. Are you ready to give your kitchen a facelift?